CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Darren and Laura

Ben and I have been looking forward to this past weekend for months. We had a huge master plan on how to attend one of our best friends wedding in Indiana, sans kids. This would be the 3rd weekend we have ever been alone together without kids since we had our first. Crazy to even think about and those of you that know me won't believe this. Trust me, we have lots and lots of family that helps us all the time when they visit or we visit them but they all live 1000+ miles away. So, a night away, all night, just doesn't happen. Yes, we have spent a fortune on sitters and nanny's but only for evenings out. Ok, enough on that. I left last Thursday at 5 am with a soon to be 2 year old and 4 year old to venture on a 3 hour flight to Omaha. In Omaha I met the in-laws, MeMe and GO, and turned around at the baggage claim and hopped on a flight to Chicago and then on a flight to Indianapolis. Even with the tornados I was only 2 hours late-not bad. Ben then got on got on a 6pm flight in Phoenix direct to Indianapolis. He was supposed to get in at midnight but instead got in at 2 am. Who cares? I didn't have children to get up with the next morning. Little did I know what was in store for me. I had literally mapquested malls, favorite shopping spots, etc. Ben would play golf and do the groomsman thing and I would play BY MYSELF! We were all weary of Mason being dropped off because he has been an extension of my hip lately. He would scream when I would leave the room or even if moved 2 feet from him. He grunted for me (for those of you that know Mason, you know what I am referring to), I told him again that he was staying, mommy was leaving, Luke will be with you, and he kissed me, turned around, and strutted out of the airport pulling his little frog suitcase. The best part was seeing MeMe and Go turn and immediately start running after my boys. Ahhhhh, the story of my life. Anyways, more on their trip later.

I was bound and determined to take naps, shop, relax, maybe have a massage, etc. I shopped on Friday and rushed home to fit a nap in. I knew I wouldn't see much of Ben on Friday but we planned to at least spend Saturday morning together in Indiana. I woke up from my nap and didn't feel great. I thought something was wrong but I had my eye on the prize and I was going out for a night out without kids, and without kids to wake up to on Saturday am. I did have quite a bit of fun on Friday, but ended up throwing up ALL NIGHT. I remember at the Rehearsal Dinner everyone saying that it was one of the best meals they had ever had. I remember thinking, huh, I'm just not that hungry. All I wanted to eat was the bread. I again, ignored this and moved on. Needless to say I didn't move on Saturday, couldn't even turn the TV on in bed, couldn't bathe myself, nothing. I was a mess. I finally got in the shower at 2 to get ready for the wedding, and my ride picked me up at 2:30. I wasn't looking too good, nor did I care. I was proud of myself for even making it to the 3:00 wedding. (Ben went early for pictures, etc.) I ate some salad and bread and a bit of cake and made it until 11:00 that night. I finally DRUG my husband home-meaning the Marriott. I then had a fever and chills all night and didn't keep anything down until Sunday night-after I had slept15 hours straight. So, the romantic weekend we were hoping for didn't turn out exactly like we had planned BUT even through all of this we had an absolutely fantastic time! We met some great great new friends, only wish they lived closer! Laura was the most beautiful bride-perfect dress, perfect hair, and the glow of an angel. The wedding was sincere and intimate, the reception an absolute class act and a lot of fun. If this girl can reel in a guy like Darren, she is set for life. He is an unbelievable catch, as is she, and they really and truly are perfect for each other. You know what I am talking about. Have you ever gone to a wedding and think "Oh no, this isn't going to last?" It is horrible to say, think, or write, but you know you have thought that a time or two. And, you probably have found out that you were right! I have no doubt that Laura and Darren will truly live happily ever after. Darren and Laura are off to the Almalfi coast of Italy and the Greek Islands. I hope they aren't puking. I hope they are doing something else. Thanks for including us in your special weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prezados clientes


Quem quer comprar carne de 1ª qualidade é favor de me contactar...vendemos carne fresca do sudoeste asiático.Carne tenra e fresca ( ainda menores)de primeira mão, sem doenças contaminadas, algumas ainda usa fraldas....vitório é prova de qualidade. também tenho bom vinho, da terra do meu avô, loucor beirão acompanhado com o chouriço português do meu avô...ainda tenho pra vender os meus tomates, ainda virgens e frescas...acompanha de suco bem doce...pois confeço que tenho diabetes, ainda vendo em saldos bananão bem grande de de marca tiu monte, acreditam que nunca viram banana tão grande e ríj, também acompanhada de suco que é especialidade da casa...não esqueçam que também tenho chourição (dos grandes)à venda e tão boa qualidade que até se vibram...fazemos entregas ao domicílio...para terminar apresento-vos o meu chouricao de burro, directamente do meu quintal sempre de melhor qualidade, e garanto-vos que vão ficar mais espertos depois de comer chourição de burro

saudações

Vitório Rosário Cardoso