CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So This Is What Girls Do...


And so there are girls and there are boys. Boys come with trucks in their hands and motors on their brains. Girls? Girls come with lots of pink, nurturing, and especially as princesses!







These costumes were ones I actually wore growing up at all my dance recitals. I'm glad someone is enjoying them, and I'm glad its not my boys...

These two beautful girls are my nieces. Hailey is 4 and Betsy- aka Elizabeth SUZANNE- is 2 1/2. They live in Colorado but we get to see them often, but not often enough. There is another little VanAuken on its way due this summer! We don't know if it will be a sweet, gentle, pink girl or a crazy busy dirt-digging, mud slinging, curious little boy. For those of you that know my brother Matt, he should have a boy for some sort of payback for when he was growing up. He wasn't bad at all, just took things apart, used me as his guinea pig for lots of electricity "experiments," and tormented my parents with his curious little mind. (gosh...I wonder where Luke gets it!) Another little girl would truly be wonderful! Of course, we just want a healthy baby! My sister-in-law, Kimberly, is the best mom in the world. She has the patience of God, puts up with my brothers weird antics, and she is the sister I always wanted. Seriously.

1 comments:

Erica said...

Love the new look. Can't believe that purple costume with the fringe is still around!