CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who Knew Popcorn Could Buy Me Time?

So why haven't I ever tried to feed my kids popcorn? Luke and I have had it at the movies before and he loves it but Mason???? Ben and I traveled to San Francisco a couple weeks ago to visit my brother-in-law and girlfriend for the weekend. My in-laws were in town, MeMe and GO and stayed to watch the boys while we escaped. It was a rainy day so they decided to go where..........Wal Mart of course. MeMe and GO bought a popcorn machine and the boys have been obsessed with it ever since. They can even make it by themselves (if I want 5 gallons at a time-but hey I'm not complaining)! They each have their own little buckets AND the best part is that Mason sits down for 15 minutes and eats. Thank you MeMe and GO!

You can see him actually sitting on the couch stuffing his face and pointing to the TV. I have tried to get this kid to sit and watch a "show" for months. Of course, with Luke, I was anti-TV and then I realized a shower by myself would be nice and thought if I could just get them to watch 10 minutes of TV- I could get so much done! Well, John Deere Tractor video does the trick. Mason loves it and will sit and watch it. I have pretty much finally learned that anything having to do with trucks, tractors, basically anything that has a motor, both boys will be interested. The problem is that it is so cute that I just sit and watch them eat popcorn and don't get anything done, not even a shower. We have had popcorn everyday for the past 2 weeks and don't plan on stopping anytime soon! So, if you have little kids and need a diversion- get a popcorn popper-no more microwave stuff!






0 comments: